Thursday, September 30, 2010

A Christian’s Answer to Temptation

I cannot give myself to you for I am not my own, 
My heart is held by the Lord of All who sits upon his throne. 
He it was that made me and quickened me to life, 
And ever I’ll go with him through battles or through strife. 
When e’er I fall he lifts me up and sets me on the road, 
And if I stray he drives me back as with a shepherd’s goad. 
Some times my heart grows weary forgetting what he’s done, 
And in a fit of madness from him I’ll try to run. 
But then he does remind me of his precious son, 
And how he came to save me although I was undone. 
For I had sold my soul to a master oh so black, 
But Christ did liberate me and give my freedom back. 
So ever I shall serve him until the day I die, 
And then I’ll go to praise him forever more on high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment