Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ode to Morocco


Morocco, sweet Morocco a land of ancient beauty;
Morocco, sweet Morocco; so ancient, so alive.
Your children know their heritage and of it they are proud,
This is the land of free men that Rome could never conquer.
Your people they are friendly, so kind and very gen’rous,
They make me to feel more at home than when I’m in my country.
They’ve given me their food to eat, their hands and hearts in greeting,
I’ve been overwhelmed with friendship since I first arrived.
Come you who speak against this land and you who criticize,
If you’ve heard bad against this land, then surely it’s a lie.

I truly love Morocco, I’m enchanted by this place,
If I can find a home here then it must be by God’s favor.
Silence fools!  and hold your tongues, speak not if you don’t know,
For if you speak against my friends, then I shall strike you down.
If they shall be judged indeed, then it must be done in heaven,
If they are pure or wicked ‘tis God who surely knows.  
If I will judge from what I’ve seen and the kindness I’ve been shown,
I’ll ever stand to declare the goodness of my Moroccan friends.  

1 comment:

  1. Nice, "Dear friends, I urge you, as foreigners and exiles, to abstain from sinful desires, which wage war against your soul." 1 Peter 2:11. Some people have know idea that no matter where you live you can fulfill the purpose God has for your life. It is not the land you live in that matter, but where you are going. As a missions director I meet people all the time who fall in love with another place not native to them and give their whole lives for that place. God's love and direction knows no borders. I am proud of you my friend.

    ReplyDelete